Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Area man uses Social Network as News Feed



A man from Hightstown, NJ has said he uses the Social Networking Giant as a news feed. 

Roy Pairs a Electronic and Communication Graduate with specialization in Cloud Computing has said he uses Facebook to keep abreast with happenings in the tech world and other news sources like BBC, CNN and even Huff Post. 

"I use Facebook to know what my favorite tech companies are posting. I have even applied for jobs and got calls too just from Facebook. The tech firms also post all the latest news from around the tech world about all my favorite gadgets etc. So it's really cool. I really love Facebook. "

When told that the purpose of Facebook is to connect with friends and not companies he was shocked "Really? I mean I have a few friends on it but I thought they do the same thing too - look at companies and their job postings. Isn't that what people generally use Facebook for? I mean it's obvious right? If I have to find out about my friend I could text him or call him. Why would I need Facebook to help me do that? Why would I care about somebody who is not my friend? I have a lot to study than waste my time with such things." 

When we explained to him the actual purpose of Facebook he said "It's tough to believe that Facebook will tell me if my roommate is crying or got fired by his boss or if he has a lot of research and assignments to do. I mean he could tell me directly and maybe I'd help him but if people are doing this then they must really have a lot of time at their hands. I am going to start an awareness program that Facebook must be used as an educational tool and not a tool that kills your precious time." 

We have decided to support his cause. 


No comments:

Post a Comment